Tuesday 26 June 2012

Kitchen Junk Draw

As most of you would know I've been struggling with sciatica pain and have been restricted to the in laws couch for the past two weeks. I'm not some one to stop, sit on the couch and do nothing so as you can imagine the past two weeks have driven me insane to say the least. No the less it has made me learn a lesson and I now realise that as bub's #2 fast approaches I do need to take it easy. So to ease back in and feed my craving for organising (call it nesting if you like) I decided it was time to do a small job like the kitchen junk draw.

Before: Kitchen 'junk' draw

I'm sure many of us have that 'junk' draw located in the bottom draw of the kitchen however I wanted it gone. It's always been a draw that I keep telling myself I will get to another day so today was that day.

I pulled everything out and put it all into a basket so I could comfortably sit on the couch and go through it. With the help of a few tupperware containers I sorted through all the stuff. I was then able to place all the random batteries, pegs and appliance paperwork etc.. into the correct homes.

Everything out into basket

I had decided that I would need a solution to stop this 'junk' draw from occurring and so I've decided to now keep my aprons, oven mitts and tea towels in the draw instead. It only makes sense to keep them here instead of in the linen cupboard as they are then quickly on hand when needed. So I neatly folded all my tea towels (wow I have a lot) and then placed them in the draw at the front. To the back left we have my two aprons with my new Donna Hay tea towels I'm yet to open. To the right I have our oven mitts. Awww... how nice :0) he he he

After: Kitchen 'tea towel' draw

Have you got a small quick organisation task like a kitchen 'junk' draw that you have been saying one day to? Perhaps today is the day to get it done!


YKylie

No comments:

Post a Comment