Sunday 24 February 2013

A Scrapbook Station

One problem area of our house is my craft storage or the lack of it! Hence when I saw that Target had a great sale on a 4x3 cubed units and material cube draws I just had to have one. I jumped on line to purchase as something of this size was going to be far to heavy and difficult for me to pick up in store. So I got on line with the thought of getting it delivered until hubby kindly offered to save us the $50 delivery fee by going and picking it up for me. Great! So I purchased everything I needed, opted for the click and collect option and paid for it all. Once our order was at our local store I received an email notification. I forwarded this to Hubby who then went and picked up my goods with no fuss at all. Wonderful! I was super excited!! Finally I had the tools to tackle the impractical wardrobe full of scrap booking mess.



The very next day I opened up the flat pack, super keen to get stuck in to building our 4x3 cube unit. Hubby had offered to construct it once home that night but the impatient me wanted it done NOW! So it was up to me to do it. Considering I had never even placed a hand on a drill before I had no idea what I was getting my self in for..lol

 
Nevertheless, as much as I am impatient I am very determined also. My goal was to have it done before hubby could come home and takeover. I ensured I read all the instructions before I started including the manual for the drill.. you may laugh but as it was hubby's brand new cordless drill there was no way I wanted to break that! Anyway, I succeeded! Yes it did take me all day but then I do have two lovely children I have to take care of also. I was so proud that I had done it poor hubby was barely in the door when I dragged him into the study to see my accomplishment.
 
 
Once the constructing was complete it was time for the fun part... to decorate it! I first added 3 pink and 3 grey material cube boxes as draws but it needed something more. It needed something to add character to it, so I decided to add a pattern backdrop to some of the open cubes. I fiddled with wall paper, scrap booking paper and gift wrap that I had on hand. A piece of grey scrap booking paper looked great in one cube but I needed something pink for the other 2 cubes I wanted to back. Eventually I decided that I really wanted pink polka dots (yes I'm slightly obsessed with polka dots!) but the only 'paper' that I had that meat this requirement was napkins. So out came the napkins and with a bit of double sided tape they were perfect! (hubby once again thought I was crazy.. an occurrence that is becoming more often)
 
 
I emptied the wardrobe and placed my new scrap booking station inside and I love it!
 
 
Now the big task of putting all my scrap booking supplies into there new homes begins. Stay tuned for an update. Once everything is in its home I'll share it with you.
 
Untill next time take care, smile and be happy
 
YKylie
 

No comments:

Post a Comment