Tuesday 25 September 2012

Beer Tasting Bash

So we had my husbands 30th birthday party over the weekend. He didn't want much just beers with the boys however being his 30th I insisted on something a little more. So a week out from his party I got to planning and decided that a beer tasting party was what was in order.
I wiped up some invitations and sent them out.
 
 
I then got started on the cake. After some idea searching on the net I decided to make a bike cake as hubby is always at me for a bike so I decided that I'd give him one.. 
 
 
With the cooking and decorating of the cake taking up all of Friday all that was left was the decorating and set up for the party to be done on the day.
 
So with a few hours till guests arrived I looked through my scrapbooking paper stash and pulled out a few different papers going with a beer coloured theme. I had seen many party set ups with paper rosettes and decided that's what I'd make. With my good friend google I found out how to construct the rosettes and made a few in different colours and sizes.
 
 
I sent hubby off to the local bottle shop with instructions to get 6 different bottles of beers, 4 of each and lots of ice. He almost got it right..lol.. coming back with 8 different types, 4  in cans not bottle's... but he tried ha ha ha :) So with what I had at hand along with my stash of ikea tubs I set up hubby's beer tasting bash. Here are a few pics of how it turned out...
 



 

Hubby was very impressed and somewhat amused that I'd created his 'beer with the boys' into the above display. None the less the beer tasting bash was a big hit with everyone.

 
Overall I was very happy how it turned out. And it just shows that you can quickly throw together an eye pleasing party display with a little effort.

What themed party have you put together at the last minute?


YKylie

4 comments:

  1. A beer party for the 30th birthday of your hubby, isn’t that sweet? And you organized it all by yourself too. That must’ve been difficult! How was the party? I’m sure everyone had fun all throughout the party! Cheers!

    -Rob Feckler

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Rob the party was a big hit and everyone had a great time!:)

      Delete
  2. Now, that's what I call passion for happiness, Kylie! Your husband is so fortunate to have such a thoughtful wife like you. :) I wish he makes you feel the same way too!

    Jessie Henn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks Jessie. I'm lucky to have a good hubby and I just love planing/decorating for parties so doing this for hubby made me happy to!

      Delete