Wednesday 20 February 2013

Pink Picnic In The Park


It was with much planning, thought and love that we created a day for close family and friends to help us welcome our precious little girl into the family by holding a ceremony to officiate her name. Planning was all a bit last minute due to our celebrant becoming short of time very quickly so it was a now or never event. I grabbed some cards, dusty pink ink and a set of stamps from spotlight and got to making invites right away.

 
Not bad for one nights work over a glass of bubbles I think!




We wanted to keep the day relaxed with a family atmosphere and hence we based the event on the idea of a pink picnic in the park for our princess. I gathered all the pink party goods that I already had in the party cupboard and purchased some cream wire baskets from Typo. I also found some pink home style lemonade in Aldi - bonus!!


I then did a quick sew up to make some pink gingham picnic blankets and pink cushion covers. At this point hubby thought I had lost my mind but what’s a relaxing picnic without the comfort of cushions right?!? lol


This set up was for our special girl - her toys
were stored her pink picnic basket for the day.
 
Then on to the cooking - yes I was running around like a mad woman getting all this done within a week! ha ha ha. So cooking, as time was not on my side we decided to go with some scrumptious Subway rolls for lunch. Everyone loved them! This left me just enough time to do a white chocolate/strawberry cake and some cute cupcakes in jars.

 
 
 
As our guests arrived they were met by a trail of pink polka dot balloons leading them to our secluded picnic area by a lake. (Sorry I forgot to take a wide shot pic so you just have to imagine). Pink gingham picnic blankets with scattered pink cushions spread across the lawn..We propped our cardboard table under the central tree for shade as it held our cold refreshing pink lemonade in cute glass bottles alongside subway rolls, cupcakes in jars and the cake. Our relaxed pink picnic theme had worked perfectly... (If only I had taken that pivotal pic of the entire picnic area.. darn it!!)
 
 



We were surrounded by love, had superb weather and perfect company. Chatter along with kid’s laughter filled the air as we ate scrumptious food and cake...yum!

 
 

The formalities so to speak went wonderful also. We as parents made a promise to our little girl in front of those that support us.


We welcome our daughter into our family
and promise her daily support;
we will fulfil and respect Charlotte's needs.
We will comfort and care for her,
protect and respect her, love and hug her 
and raise her to the best of our ability.


We asked our sisters to do us the honour of being godparents. Thus to stand up and pledge there support to us and freely offer Charlotte, protection and guidance whenever these may be needed. It was with great happiness (and some tears of joy) that they both accepted this request.

 
 
 
To conclude the formalities I read this to our sweet girl:
 
As I held you in my arms that very first day,
I knew I would never let any harm come your way.
With your tiny little hands and tiny little feet,
Every time I look at you my heart skips a beat.
As I watch you sleep in the middle of the night,
I hope and pray I will do everything right.
I know I may make some mistakes along the way,
But I promise to do my best every single day.
Words cannot express what you have brought to your dad, Lachlan and me
We often wonder what you will grow up to be,
But whatever you become will be fine with me.
Charlotte Grace is the name we chose for you
Wear it with pride with all that you do,
We love you with all of our heart,
Nothing will change that no matter what you do,
Be all that you can and always be you.
Charlotte you are the greatest gift of all,
Thank you for choosing us to be your parents,
We wouldn’t have it any other way,
We love you and hope you enjoy your day.

We are so thankful to those that shared in this special day with us.
Overall it was a perfect day and we couldn't ask for anything more!





YKylie

 


No comments:

Post a Comment