Sunday 3 June 2012

En suit Organised

I was having one of those days were I was doing a lot but not achieving much... you know the days where you run around the house all day but it looks like you have done nothing! I hate those sort of days and so when I put our boy down for his afternoon sleep I decided to organise our en suit. It would be a good task for me to quickly achieve and then I would visually be able to see something that I had achieved for the day. Now I don't know about you but if I can see I've achieved something I feel a lot better and don't get in a tizzy. Its has a somewhat calming effect for me.. I know silly but that's how it is and so our en suit was the task as hand...

Our en suit cupboard consisting of our mess shoved in

Firstly I pulled everything out. For some reason when I start these re organisation projects I'm always so surprised at how much stuff I pull out of spaces. Perhaps it is the fact that everything is out all at once and therefor makes me realise that we really do have to much stuff!

I created a bigger mess!

Armed with a few storage baskets and boxes I set to the task of grouping everything into categories then placing them into the cupboard.


On the top shelf we have...
1. My toiletries - in striped fabric basket from The Reject Shop
2. Tools such a nail clippers, tweezers, nail files etc.. - in mini wooden draws I already had
3. Hubby's toiletries - in striped fabric basket from The Reject Shop


On the bottom shelf we have...
4. Samples - into a lovely flowered pattered box I had been given a present in
5. Soap & Body wash - in white plastic basket from Kmart
6. Toothpaste - in small white plastic basket from Kmart
7. Supplies: Extra bottles or cans of Shampoo/Conditioner, Hairspray and Deodorant.


Now I did contemplate throwing away all the sample bottles that I have collected however I just can not part with them just yet.. they are so cute and I would love to place them out on fresh towels for any future guests we may be lucky enough to have stay with us. So for now they stay!

In regards to all that toothpaste.. Well what can I say it was on special and to buy in bulk always saves money hence were not going to run out of toothpaste for some time!

I also make it a rule to have one spare of the necessities such as shampoo, conditioner, hairspray and deodorant in the cupboard so as we are never out. As soon we use something we replace it with the stock supplies and it gets written on the shopping list to buy again. This works well for us and has eliminated hubby's urgent requests for deodorant at the very last min.. eg: I need it now as I've just finished my can.
I will be adding labels to the front of each container but for now at least it is organised.  And so there we have it... I was done! A quick, simple organisation task that I achieved during kiddo nap time. I can tick it off my to do list and it made me so much happier that I could see I had achieved something for the day. I'm even happier to report that it still looks as neat and tidy a week on.... YAY!!


En suit organised.. tick! Now back to the on going Laundry I go...


YKylie

No comments:

Post a Comment