Tuesday 5 June 2012

To Many Cleaning Supplies

Whilst cleaning out my horrendous Laundry (that is taking me days to complete) I emptied out the linen closet only to find that I had over 15 cleaning cloths!


Why do I have so many? Well I think I lost most of them in the back of the linen closet and so I just kept on buying more.. tut tut.. naughty me.

The funny thing was that the very next day I found myself going to buy more cleaning cloths. The wonderful Clare from The Home She Made blogged about these wonderful e-cloths and I thought WOW that's just what I need! I'll throw out all me cloths and start again... silly silly me.



On second thought I realised that another purchase of cleaning cloths is just what I didn't need to be doing right now! And so I kicked my bum in to gear an got organising the cleaning supplies I already had. Firstly I started with all those cloths reducing them into 4 colours that I would use for 4 areas/zones of the house.


I then had the urge to organises all the cleaning supplies to go along side these cloths.. really this was to stop me from jumping back onto the net to buy those wonderful looking e cloths.

Under our sink is where I use to shove in all our cleaning products. Truth be told I was not to sure what supplies I had under there either.


So out it all came.. making my famous cleaning/organising mess once again...



Please tell me that you make a mess in order to organise your space or is it just me that is silly enough to make such a mess?? lol

I sorted it all by what area of the house it would be used in and bundled it all together.


Green - Kitchen, Blues - Bathroom, Yellow - Laundry and Pink for Lounge/bed rooms. I then placed each colour into its own basket, where they are all now in a new home in the Laundry cupboard at eye height so I could quickly grab one out when required.


I now have room under the sink to store what I actually use on a daily bias in the kitchen.
On the top shelf I have my light blue sink tin storing our dish washing brush, bottle brush and cloths. Next to this the small basket stores the dish washing tablets along with descale for the kettle and coffee machine.


On the bottom shelf I have put one cream tin that holds dishwasher detergent, spry and wipe, eucalyptus oil and paper towel.

Once again all this was done during toddler nap time as it was another quick and simple organisation task that I can now tick off my list. YAY!

I still however really want those e-cloths and I'm really trying to fight the urge to purchase them. Perhaps once I've used up all my cleaning supplies that I have now I will get them. I really want to go green in cleaning however don't want to be wasteful with what i have and so find myself at a crossroad.

What would you do? Throw out the chemicals and go green now or use up what you have then go green??


YKylie






1 comment:

  1. Well done! I need to get a proper system going under my kitchen sink too. I want to go green eventually, but like you hate waste so i'm going to use up the cleaning products that I have.

    And yes, they are cute cloths lol :)

    ReplyDelete