Thursday 7 March 2013

Decorating for Easter


I'm super excited to share with you all our very first Easter decorating.

I've been looking forward to decorating for Easter for a while now and have had to be very strong not to go silly and buy everything I see, even though I really wanted to.

It was very hard for me to take the more sensible approach to decorating for Easter only buying a few items. I then browsed through what goods I already had that could be turned into Easter deco goodies.

And here is what I've come up with....


The first Easter deco to be put together was our mini lolly buffet. It was super easy with the gorgeous Woolworths bunny candy jars along with two jars I already had in our party cupboard. I placed all five jars on to a white tray (again already something we had) and to add a little colour popped some green tissue under the jars. I then filled the three smaller jars with m&m's, marshmallows and bananas, chosen to match our pink, blue & yellow colour theme. I also wanted something other than chocolate in each of these as I just knew our Mr LJ who is two and a half would not be able to keep his little hands off them.

In the other larger jar I put some berries & cream milky ways as they just sounded yum and I had to try them. I the RHS jar holds some polystyrene egg's that I painted. I had seen adorable spotted eggs around and wanted them so bad hence when I found that I had polystyrene eggs in the cupboard I knew exactly what I wanted to do with them. Lucky I had never gotten around to making the into Xmas baubel. (post on making them coming soon)

Included in our Easter buffet decorations is a cute little bunny tail bum. I actually got this idear from an Easter cake I had seen and decided to try make it into an ornament. It's suppose to be as if the bunny is digging into the table... I think it worked!

When I saw this free Easter printable from Love a Rhino I was so excited. It was just the piece of subway art that I was after. So easy just download, print and place into a frame - done!

Now to my big project.. an Easter tree.
I had drooled over ones in shops like Bed Bath n Table and adored others trees like the beautiful Clair's from The HOME She Made. But my challenge was to come up with one without spending any money. I had a Kaisercraft Fmily Tree on my 'to do' list for ages and had never gotten around to actually doing it. So I thought why not turn it into an Easter tree instead. And so I did!


Under our tree I have a Happy Easter hanging sign along with a small cute globe bunny.
 
 

To finish off I added one cute green bunny along with three little tin pails (purchased from Woolworths) and borrowed my cook book stand in order to hold our Easter reading and activities books. I left our believe wall hanging there as Easter is all about believing so I thought it was fitting.
 
And so there you have it.. out very first decorations to help us celebrate Easter.
 
 
 
Do you decorate for eater? If so what decorations have you added to your home?
 
 
Until next time take care, smile and be happy.
YKylie

No comments:

Post a Comment