Tuesday 19 March 2013

Our Girls Nursery Makeover

Well its been 7 months since our little girl graced us with her presence and now its time to move her into her own room. Yes I admit I'm a bit selfish when it comes to bubs and I really find comfort in having them in our room. Our first bub Lachlan stayed in with us till he was 8 months old. However as our little miss is now sitting and pulling herself up it is no longer safe for her to be in her crib and so the fun of setting up her own room begins.
 
Before I started I did many hours of research (Pinterest browsing). I found so many ideas and wanted to do them all! Of course this was just not practical and the bank balance would never allow for it. So I started of with what we already had.
 
I had purchased a lovely cabinet a while back in the hope to turn it into a sewing storage space however since us moving it has not been used as all my sewing goods are still in boxes (disgraceful I know). So since it was sitting there empty I decided why not give it some love and use it as a change table. It works perfectly.
 

Next was to purchase a cot. Ever since having our first 2 and a half years ago I wanted a sleigh cot. So as our girl is our last bub I took the now or never approach and got what I wanted. I wasn't disappointed! I had a great little helper to put the cot together and it was relay simple.   
My little helper
Our little Miss exploring her cot
I purchased a tree wall decor stickers to put up on her wall. I really don't know how I was lead to believe that this was going to be an easy task. All I'll say is that I'm a person with a lot of patients nevertheless this put me to the test. Fiddly, annoying and grrr worthy is my conclusion.



Wall sticker not playing nice... crinkling
and bubbling at every opportunity
I survived and managed not to swear in front of the very repetitive Mr LJ. There was however a lot of cursing going on inside my head. None the less the tree and birds looks wonderful and I'm very glad I spent the day to put it up.


We were given spare birds so I found a home for them along the bottom of our blind. I also found a gorgeous dona setting from Target that matched perfectly for her cot.

 
In the corner above her cot I added two tissue paper pom poms along with a birdcage that I had purchased from Kmart some time ago. And to complete her cot area I hung up the netting that was once over my bed as a baby.




As our kids are lucky enough to have there very own toy room there was no need to have toy storage in Charlotte's room. However I decided to added a little play picnic corner to house some of her teddies along with her picnic tea set and a gorgeous vintage tray. I can see our little miss enjoying a picnic tea on her rug with her teddies sometime in the distant future.
 
 
And so there you have it.. our little girls nursery.
I'm sure it will be forever evolving as she grows but for now I adore this space and can not help but grin each and every time I enter the room.
 
Next job... to finish organising her wardrobe. Stay tuned!
 
 
 Till next time stay safe, be happy and smile

  
 








1 comment:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! :) very pretty. I still have our little man in our room at 20 months with plans to move him into his own room at 2. It's a tad late but I'm not very good with the transition! Lol. My eldest now 8, moved into his room at 2 as well (sort of) but I love decorating kids rooms, I hope 1 day to be decorating a room for a little princess as Iv only done up little boys nurseries thus far :)

    ReplyDelete