Tuesday 15 May 2012

Getting ready for our girl

As baby #2’s arrival is fast approaching I decided to get organised and this meant one thing a complete overhaul of the master bedroom. 

Yes we live in a three bedroom home: Master bedroom, Bedroom 2 is our 22 month old boy’s room and Bedroom 3 is our very embarrassing chuck and shut room. And by embarrassing I mean I cannot even walk into the room! Hence bedroom 3 is just not a possibility for our new bundle of joy and as there are no plans of moving house at this point in time so our little girl will be joining us in our master quarters at least for now.

I always find it so hard to know where to begin and so put off a lot of to do’s for that very reason however this is just something that I have to get done. So why not start with the fun part of setting up bubs crib and getting inspired then to do more.
So I searched eBay and bought this gorgeous crib for a bargain of $25. It worked as soon as bubs crib went up I could not resist I had to do more.


So some shopping was in order and off to our wonderful local Target store I went to pick up some new bedding. Whilst I was there I found some fantastic white baskets on sale. So into the trolley they also went. Once back at home I just had to set up the change table next (this one we already had from bubs #1).

I find change table mat covers so expensive for what they are so instead I use cheep fitted crib sheet. On the first row I placed 3 of the target baskets. The first is holding towel nappies (revamped into cute burp cloths – post to come), with the other two baskets are holding the small cloths items such as socks, singlets, bibs and booties. I placed our blankets and wraps on the bottom of the change table so they are easily accessible.
I then had to find somewhere for all the baby cloths we had been given and so an overhaul of our wardrobe was in order. (I forgot the before pic..ops). I started by going through all me cloths and to my surprise I was able to give away a lot of items, 2 garbage bags full that I no longer wore or had outgrown. Having kids does this to you I guess.. lol
Organisation then began...



I moved all of our cloths to the back wall in the wardrobe as having bubs cloths closest to the door would work for me best. I put an old coffee table that we were no longer using below our cloths to gain shelf space for our jumpers and shoes. At the top of the wardrobe I put my shoes into shoe boxes and stacked on top. I then have my jewellery box, perfume box and hair accessories bag stored in there as our en suite is quite small. The large pink suitcase stores my wedding dress, I know I should get it stored properly its on my to do list when money allows. The green bag holds hubby's toys, his remote control car, helicopter and tank – don’t ask!



 
The right of the wardrobe is where I had cleared all the space for bubs cloths along with my maternity clothes for now.  At the top I have used IKEA DRONA boxes to store all the larger cloths for her to grow into.

As these box will be constantly changing I thought of re using some size labels of cloths instead of printing labels.

I like to hand up all our cloths as this reduces my work load by not having to fold cloths to put away. I simply just hang them up and this also allows me to see everything at a quick glance. As our little miss already has SO many cloths I was in need of more hanging space. So making do with what I had laying around I grabbed some twine and a rod and made a quick second rail. Under all her cloths I will store the baby car capsule when not in use.


I will be adding some gorgeous cloth divides but for now I’m happy with what I’ve done. And so there we have it I’m all set for our little girl’s arrival in July.
YKylie




1 comment:

  1. Brings back memories of setting up for our daughter, she's 5 now :) Love all the pink :)

    ReplyDelete