Sunday 13 May 2012

A Mothers Day Lesson

We all pretend that it is just another day however deep down we all really want to be shown that were loved and appreciated for all that we do. We make it easy for our hubby’s to do so by giving subtle hints of gifts that we would perhaps like or by doing the not so subtle thing of leaving the catalogue on the bench with the big black marker circling particular items. This year being my second year as a mother myself I thought I would make it easy for hubby and just tell him that I would like the “Surrounded by Love”  willow tree statue to add to our collection. So all was good.




Mother’s day comes and the first thing I have to laugh at is hubby trying to convince our 22 month old into the lounge to come write on mummy’s card.... Oh gosh I thought he has not even been able to write on the card before the day perhaps expecting a present is too much to ask..lol

Anyways I get a great card saying to do nothing all day just like dad.. very funny! I then get given blueberries, a bottle of pancake mixture and a tin of Chi Tea. Cool breakfast – yum! I then receive a bunch of flowers along with an explanation of “I know were watching our money at the moment so I didn’t want to spend too much”. Hubby then goes on to say excitedly that “the flowers were only $20 and how nice are they”. I gratefully goo and gar over the bunch of flowers and hubby goes off happily to make me blueberry pancakes for breakfast.

Now I know I should be grateful for getting anything at all however I just could not stop thinking $10 that is all it would have taken! The Willow tree statue I REALLY wanted would have been $10 more than the flowers. Bad of me I know but really $10 are we watching our money that much!!  

I then start of thinking of all the mothers out there that get presents each year that they really don’t want or the mums out there that have lost or been lost. My beautiful flowers all of a sudden become really gorgeous and I do love them!


Overall this mother’s day I think that I really learnt that it truly is not about what gift you get. The type or size of the gift is in no way a reflection of how much we are appreciated. I realise that I’m so lucky to have a little son that showered me with kisses and hugs all day long. I felt loved and appreciated by all the little things that happened throughout the day. I
n the end it really is just another day however today I didn’t do the dishes, the washing or cooking instead I took the time to enjoy being mum. Playing games with our little man who means the world to me and I know I am his world to.

I could not have asked for a better day!

No comments:

Post a Comment