Monday 21 May 2012

Love Note Gone Wrong

My hubby and I recently had been going through a tough time where our communication broke down. As life gets busier work and daily stresses grew hence we had little time for us and so as a consequence our relationship went into a spinning downward tumble. It was not till hubby started sleeping on the couch that I suddenly realised that we were in trouble... This I quickly changed! We scheduled in a time to sit and have a d&m after our little man went to bed. Thankfully we opened up to each other, being very honest and now everything is great! And yes I say great. It is like were back to the place when we were newlywed's. Were considering each other and taking time to show that we care. Its amazing what a simple rub of the hand, quick peck on the cheek or rub on the back does. And so life is good once again.
I then awake one morning to find that hubby had grafted my new whiteboard in the kitchen with this gorgeous loving gesture...

So sweet! So I a few days later I thought I would reply to this with my very own little gesture of love. Being a girl who always wants to be clever with wording but always gets a brain freeze I just got straight to the point...

A few more days went past and nothing was said and neither gestures had been removed so every time I opened the pantry or walked past our fridge I smiled. Little did I know how much that smile would change until this morning when I get woken up at 5am by hubby apologising profusely.

Hubby had gone to the fridge to write yet another love note...
As he started to write he realised that the marker he was using was thinner than the one I had used... on a second glance he discovered that he was actually using the permanent marker we keep for the shopping list below the new Ikea white board magnets. Oops...
As he kept on apologising I laughed and laughed... shrugging it off.. no prob hun I can get it off - don't stress. So I first try the old trick of going over the permanent with the whiteboard marker then rub it off..


I scribbled over it a second time to see if I could remove it better...


Still a trace of what was written and so out came my beloved eucalyptus...

I rub over it and all the traces of marker are gone.... however Hubby has presses so hard when writing that there is a permanent indentation! 


Oh.. hubby will be so disappointed tonight when I tell him that he has permanently indented my brand new Ikea whiteboard magnet.. did I mention I just bought them on sat..lol.

I on the other hand will now permanently be reminded of what hubby did and it will consistently make that smile turn into a laugh every time I go past our fridge!

What good hearted gestures has your hubby done that have gone wrong?

YKylie

No comments:

Post a Comment